Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The End of my Breastfeeding Journey- Mama's Entry

The beginning of my breastfeeding journey was a tough one, and me being a stubborn cow, finally succeeded, and breastfed KJ exclusively until yesterday 19th October 2009, and I discovered that I have no more milk! I suspected that was due to my pregnancy. Initially I would like to continue breastfeed KJ to 18 months, right before I give birth to no. 2. But it seems like I have to cut short the journey.
The toughest part of weaning KJ now is him getting to sleep. He has been depending on me to get to sleep, and for the past 2 nights, he has to learn to settle down by himself without my nai-nai. As I am typing this post, he is crying in the room with papa, trying to settle down. Yesterday he tried for 30 mins, and tonight he finally settled into sleep in his papa's arm within 15mins. We hope that his crying before sleeping will cease soon. I can't take it any longer to listen to him crying for me. That was one of the reason I delayed the sleep training till now. So here marked the end of my special journey, but my love to KJ will never end here.
Here too mark a very proud mile stone in my life, thank you all who help cheer me and support me during my BF journey!
For those of you wanted to try breastfeeding, failed but want to try again, I will be glad to share my experience with you. Do drop me a line and I will be happy to help!

1 comment:

KittyCat said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy!!! I'm just a month away from delivering No. 2 actually ;-)

I can imagine how sad you are to end the breastfeeding but I think it's great you could stick to it for so long!

Looks like Kai Jin is adjusting fast. We used the pacifier on my boy when he was a few months old because he was stuck to my boobs too.

Sadly, he stopped breastfeeding on his own at about 10 months old. Sigh, I remember the good old days.

Take care ya!